Saturday, October 1, 2016

My Sexy Soul Mate

http://mysexysaturday.blogspot.comThis week's My Sexy Saturday theme is My Sexy Soul Mate and I couldn't think of a better couple than Rei and Aidan from Witch Hunt. Enjoy and make sure to visit the other blogs!


Witch Hunt excerpt:

Aidan watched her try to tug her arm away from him. She was putting all of her strength into it, but
he was determined to hold her until she understood. Looking down into her deep eyes, Aidan wondered if she might understand what he was about to tell her, after all. Sucking in a long breath, he asked, “You know about mates?”

Rei let out a groan of frustration as she tugged a last time at her arm. “I know what my grandfather told me. Lifelong commitment. That’s about it.”

“Rei, Tessa isn’t my mate. She wants to be, but never can be. I can have only one mate. Only one woman can ever carry my child,” he explained. As the last few words let his mouth, he felt Rei’s arm go a little lax in his grip. “Tessa and I are not compatible. We never have been, but she will not accept that. Her true mate died years ago, without giving her a cub. The pack feels for her, but she wants a cub so badly she keeps looking.” Aidan knew the story sounded odd to people outside of pack and hoped that Rei could hear the truth of his words.

He could see her eyes narrow a little as she thought about what he was saying. Fury still danced across her fierce eyes, but Aidan knew reason would start to form at some point. Finally, running her tongue over her teeth, Rei asked, “And just how does someone know they’ve found their mate?”

“A wolf knows his mate by smell, by heat, and by passion. You are my mate, Rei, and I can’t let you leave,” Aidan explained. Searching her face, he saw shock and confusion. All the fury was still there, but it had been pushed back. Aidan had a feeling it was only waiting in reserve for later.

Rei went very still beside him. He knew she had little knowledge about wolves, let alone their mated couples, and understood the confusion she was struggling against. After what seemed like several long minutes like this, Rei’s rolled her eyes, and she let out a low, defeated sigh. “Aidan, I’m not a wolf. I can’t be your mate,” she said, letting her arm go completely limp.

“Rei, you are my mate. I cannot explain why, but I know it is possible. Other wolves have found their mates in witches like you,” Aidan said softly, loosening his grip on Rei’s arm. He tilted his head to the couch and walked her over to sit down. Once Rei was settled down on the couch, thinking over what being a mate entailed, Aidan said, “You don’t have to think about it now. Once the danger has passed, we can talk about it.” To himself, he thought, I’ll tell her about the link later.


 That's it for this week. Peace and love dear readers.

Peace and Love!

Find your copy of Witch Hunt @

2 comments: