Monday, November 28, 2016

NaNoWriMo: The End is Nigh

It's been a rough month and with only two days left and with some 30k words left to write on Whispering Winds I'm left with only this: It is a great start.

I still plan on writing more over the next two days. I will add thousands of words. Of that, I'm sure, but I don't believe I'll make the goal of 50k. That's okay. It was a challenge that has still improved some facet of my skill. Which skill has yet to be seen, but I know it's there and that's enough.

Whispering Winds has gone back and forth between this is going awesome and this is complete crap. Isn't that how so many projects go? The story has a foundation that I do want to keep working with and I will.

My wonderful husband sat me down and addressed my frustrations with this story. He didn't say much. Instead he let me rant and rave about pieces that just weren't falling into place quickly enough to meet the 50k word count. From characters acting out to scenes that just didn't fit. He sat through it all and it helped. The story seems more clear at the moment and I plan on adding to it.

It is a great start and I'll keep it tucked away in a folder for later, but once December rolls around my goals change. Throughout this month another story has been demanding my attention. My dreamweaver story is very close to being complete and if I've learned anything it's that I should not put off one active story that's rolling along perfectly fine for a brand new project. That's just asking for trouble and a mistake I won't be repeating.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment