Friday, November 18, 2016

NaNoWriMo: Where I'm at (or not)

Hello all you lovely readers!

I meant to update my NaNoWriMo writing progress once a week or so this year, but life has once again gotten in the way of my plans. I live in Upstate SC and we've been having wild fires blaze up on three sides of us. I've lost some of my favorite hiking trails and smoke has been very thick around our home. There is also the unrest throughout the rest of the country that has a lot of people in a muddle.

And that's why I am soooo far behind on my writing goal. So so so far. Whispering Winds is standing at roughly 16k as I write this and I'm hopeful that I can add at least a few thousand words today. However on the 18th my writing goal should be 30k. That's a lot of writing to catch up on, but I'm going to tackle the task and do my best to catch up!

The story itself is rolling along rather slowly. Characters are redeveloping themselves as I go and the scenes have shuffled themselves about into a brand new order. So really, the outline has flown out the window again. Happens every year. :)

I have a few writing buddies who are so close to the 50k mark and I'd like to give a shout out to them and the other awesome writers meeting their goals.

To the writers standing in the boat with me I can only say: You've got this! Never give up! Never surrender!

That's it for now.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment