Saturday, April 1, 2017

CampNaNoWriMo 2017: It Begins



So it's that time of year again and I'm ready! Camp NaNoWriMo is one of my favorite Spring/Summer activities, and it has helped me complete books and really fill out others. NaNoWri month is always in November and I almost completed my first novel, Witch Hunt, the first year I participated. I fleshed out Fox Hunt between a Camp and a November challenge the next year. In a 2015 Camp I completed Lost Relic. So I love challenging myself and the challenges really do help. Even if I don't complete the challenge, I've always added a great deal to a WIP.

This year I'm working on Shadow's Fall. I'm working with a handicap though. Several months ago this story had a sudden spark of inspiration and I was able to type up part of the first and second chapter. At the time I was revising another story and let the spark flare to life and flicker out after I'd done all the typing. So I'm starting this challenge with a little over 3k words already written, but I'm going to withhold those and only report the words I write this month.

Shadow's Fall is the second story in a trilogy. So the characters and world have already been created and some details filled in. I've also already got an outline and lots of notes. I'm going into this challenge ready and I hope to meet my 50k word goal.

And if I don't I know I'll learn something and have a nice chunk of this novel completed. I'll be adding a tracker to my sideline. (It helps kick me into motion if I know others are tracking me too.)

That's all for now. Look out for a few CampNaNoWriMo tips and updates this month.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment