Friday, May 5, 2017

Life After Camp

Winner 2017 

I did it! So did a lot of other great writers. Even those who didn't reach their goal accomplished something. Any little bit added to a story is worth it's weight in gold. Of course, now that I have a draft (almost a complete draft) for Shadow's Fall there's lots more work to do.

Last Friday when I reached my goal I promised myself a little time off. Read a couple of books, tease out another plot for a completely different story, play a video game. Anything that would give my brain a rest from these characters and let me go back with a fresh vantage point in a few weeks. That didn't happen.

There is one scene left in the draft that needs to be typed. I know the scene and I've just been putting off (trying to give myself a vacation) typing it. My brain doesn't like leaving things unfinished though and I've obsessed over it all week. Today I'm sitting down and I'm going to type it. 

But what about the rest of the work? If the other campers are anything like me they're going to have to revise and edit, revise and edit, revise and edit. So once this scene is typed I'm going to set Shadow's Fall aside and give myself some much needed personal time. 

That's all for today.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment