Friday, April 13, 2018

#MFRWauthor It's Finally Finished!

I've decided to hit up one of my less visited hops. I'm in love with the 52-week blog challenge and realize that I could never follow through with it, even if I did manage the "New Year New Me".

That aside I am going to try to get back into the swing of doing at least one or two of these a month. Just to get back into the grove of blogging like I should and to share a little bit more about me and my works.

This weeks question is "How I celebrate completing my manuscript" and I felt it might be a great way to break the ice this year.

I've been ahead during CampNaNo this month and have almost completed a sequel to Just Beyond Daybreak, Caught by Nightfall. At least the draft anyway. So how do I celebrate?

When I type in those final words, which are normally "The End" it feels like a long held breath is released and I fall back and stare at the screen for a while. I ask myself "Is it really done?", "Did I leave anything out that I really should have put in?" and then I remind myself that's what read throughs are for.

I typically get take out with my family if I finished during the day. A spread of Chinese food is prefect celebration food in our house. My daughter loves it.

If I finish later in the evening I celebrate with a glass of wine or  apple cider. Then I'll convince the hubby to play a video game with me so I can work out some of the tension that writing built up. He loves video games so it's a win-win.

Then are there are those moments where I celebrate by jumping straight into a great book I've been putting off. I'll read two or three books before returning to the story and doing my read throughs.

Anyway that's my celebration styles. Jump over to some of the other great authors and find out how they celebrate.

Peace and Love!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great ways to celebrate. Being done, there is a moment of peace that over takes, at least for a short while. Longer maybe, depending on how long you've been working on the project.

    ReplyDelete